Author Topic: Killarney to Black Valley and Beyond  (Read 1210 times)

mcarideo

Killarney to Black Valley and Beyond
« on: January 06, 2016, 03:53:02 PM »
We are starting in Killarney and trying to piece this all together...Is this doable??

Killarney to Black Valley -we will need packed lunch that day right? must eat at b and b for dinner?
Black Valley to Glencar- we can stop at Cookie Monster café for lunch? must eat at b and b dinner?
Glencar to Glenbeigh-we will need a packed lunch that day? looks like pub in town available for dinner
Glenbiegh to Cahersiveen- HOW LONG IS This?-the website trail is confusing on this day? looks like big town w plenty of pubs.

Stay over a day here for Skelling then bus back to Killarney...

so it sounds like there are no markets, cafes along the way like the Camino Santiago? restroom advice? ha-we are a family of four with three women!
we will simply have our backpacks...seems everyone send s luggage on? but we don't have luggage? is it too strenuous to take your backpack daily? I notice in pictures no one has a pack?

brian

• Administrator
Re: Killarney to Black Valley and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 10:40:42 AM »
The Kerry Camino is along the Dingle Peninsula. You seem to be talking about the Kerry Way.

If you would like to do the Kerry Camino we have trail guides here

As for your route first day looks like it takes 7 hours and over 20 km which sounds about right for a walking trail info here

once you leave killarney I do not think there is anything like a shop till you get to the Black valley I do not know if you go anywhere near 'ladies view'  where there is a coffee shop.

Yerra if i were you I wouldn't bother and just do the kerry camino instead! :)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:43:00 PM by brian »