Author Topic: Is there Qs?  (Read 4913 times)

maire12

Is there Qs?
« on: March 23, 2015, 09:09:49 PM »
Hi
Thinking of doing the walk this Bank hoilday,
will be driving to Kerry, where the best place to leave the car, heading up the Fri & going to stay the Mon,
is there the possible of bags transfers???

kerrycamino

• Administrator
Re: Is there Qs?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:33:07 PM »
Hi Marie
Yes there are bag transfers. The best place to park in town would probably be the Brandon Car park, it is lit all night.

maire12

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 10:45:37 AM »
Cherrs,
so is it best to stay in Tralee the night before, noramlly around what time does the guide walk start,
what's the full price of the guide walk for the May bank hoilday, on the last day of the walk, what normally happens as, we are thinking about staying in Dingle that night or heading back to Tralee ?

Marie

kerrycamino

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 12:26:36 PM »
Yes it best to stay in Tralee. The walk starts around 10-10.30.  For the guided walk it is 40 for the 3 days.  We arrange transport each day at around 5 per person

as for getting back to tralee on the final dayu we arrange a bus it is usually about 5  per person .

sarahjanepierse

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 02:51:10 PM »
Hi, considering doing the walk this year. I would prefer to camp out if possible? how would I go about doing this?
also what is included in the 40euro registration?
is fitness an important factor in order to finish the walk, do u need to train?

kerrycamino

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 10:49:07 PM »
Hi Sarah Jane

Now the 40 is just for our guided walk on the May Bank holiday all other times you pick up your passport from the tourist office in Tralee and just do it as a self guided walk.

For that 40 euro you get guides to accompany you  on the walk and your baggage transfer to your next accommodation. the Guides are local Volunteers that will help you anyway they can. I have driven people out at the start of each day when they were late getting up for the bus and other volunteers have driven people back to Tralee to get trains on time. so for your 40 euro you are getting a good bit of back up.

Fitness wise you need to reasonably fit to enjoy it having said that I am over 40 over weight and I smoke and I have done at least 2 days every year but I do a reasonable amount of walking, as well my feet are good, and I am used to walking for 6 hours at a time I also have 2 pairs of well broken in boots that fit me well. So go for a 2 hr walk and see how you feel. remember to carry 2 litres of water with you as that is what you will need on the day see how you feel.  if you can do 2 hours without much discomfort you can probably do 6.  if you are over weight you will feel it in your joints on the first day as it is a bit rough you don't have to be super fit but the ability to go at your own pace and being able to keep going is key here.

It is a very nice challenge and is doable I would tart walking now though if you have not already started.

Kerryman

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 08:53:54 PM »
Is it possible to just walk one leg. Interested in leg from Camp on Sunday. What is the cost, departure time and estimated time of that section.
Thanks

johncar

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 11:14:44 AM »
Any idea how many people have registered to date?

kerrycamino

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 10:43:18 PM »
Is it possible to just walk one leg. Interested in leg from Camp on Sunday. What is the cost, departure time and estimated time of that section.
Thanks

for our organised walk it is 15 euro a day. most people will stay the night in Annascaul but I'll be driving back to Tralee that day and should be able to give you a lift.

If we are organising a bus back to tralee it is usually 5. Start time is about 10 and we finish about 3 or 4.

kerrycamino

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 10:44:01 PM »
Any idea how many people have registered to date?

I do have an Idea yes. we are well into double figures! you won't be on your own!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:48:15 PM by brian »

anything