Author Topic: Guided 3 day walk on the May Bank holiday  (Read 2504 times)

brian

• Administrator
Guided 3 day walk on the May Bank holiday
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »
Hi all

We are again Walking the Kerry Camino on the May Bank holiday Weekend over 3 days. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them here

eok56

Re: Guided 3 day walk on the May Bank holiday
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 09:32:34 PM »
Thinking about doing the walk this year with two friends and my 16 year old daughter! Two of us did the last section of Camino Francis last year and my daughter is doing it at the end of May with her Transition year class so figured this would be good practice!

Was looking at booking accommodation today.. few questions..

What do we need to carry each day?  Just what we need for the day (lunch etc) or everything we need for the three days?

Is it picnic type lunch every day?

What about getting back to Tralee from Dingle?  I was thinking that perhaps one of us could drive to Dingle and leave our car there if their was no arrangements in place..

I think that is all the questions I have for now :)

brian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 12:47:14 PM »
Hi eok
just what you need for the day we transfer your bags to the next accommodation. Bring water food, rain gear and what ever else you think you need

you will need to supply your own lunch each day!
Day one is all on trail so will need to bring food with you

Day 2 has a half way point is at inch strand there is a bar/ restaurants there where you can get food.

Day 3 has a mid way point near a shop where you could get sandwiches and teas/coffees. alternatively bring food.

we organise a bus from dingle and everyone chips in for it.

Some people stay in Tralee for the second night if they cannot get accommodation in Camp (your booking early enough so you should be fine) and if there is enough we will hire a bus if not we will bring you out in our own cars.

brian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »
So that's our Guided walk done for another year there is talk of doing another walk later on in the year for charity but that is speculative at the moment.

Remember the walk is signposted so you can walk it on your own or with a group of friends at any time Just pick up a walkers pack at the tourist office in Tralee or Dingle.