Author Topic: We are walking the Kerry Camino on the may Bank holiday weekend  (Read 7616 times)

Admin

• Administrator
We are walking the Kerry Camino on the may Bank holiday weekend
« on: January 25, 2014, 07:29:38 PM »
This 3 day hike from Tralee to Dingle next May you should really consider doing it.

ask any questions here

eleanors

Re: We are walking the Kerry Camino on the may Bank holiday weekend
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
We are a group of 4 girls who want to do the hike. Do we need to pre register or can we just show up in Tralee? also, do we need to book accommodation in advance - we ould like to overnight in Camp and Annauscaul. thanks
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:04:53 AM by Admin »

Skywalkr

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 06:48:16 AM »
Good morning .. also interested in doing it .. Is it a tent job or are there recommended places to stay that suit the timings on the walk?

Thanks

S.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 06:34:55 PM »
We are a group of 4 girls who want to do the hike. Do we need to pre register or can we just show up in Tralee? also, do we need to book accommodation in advance - we ould like to overnight in Camp and Annascaul. thansk
just show up in Tralee. Last year we had a meeting for walkers the night before in Tralee and some of the walkers attended

you would definitely need to book in camp we filled all available accommodation last year there. we organised transfers between Camp and Tralee that evening and the following morning. 

More accommodation in Annascaul but probably best to book in advance too.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 09:54:25 PM »
Good morning .. also interested in doing it .. Is it a tent job or are there recommended places to stay that suit the timings on the walk?

Thanks

S.
would be possible
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Railway-Tavern-Bar/286032852377 o'neills sometimes allows campers if you ask. in a field at the back of the pub it over looks tralee bay and would look great in the morning.

I'm not sure about camp sites in dingle. I know they have them. i'll look and reply....
 dingle gate hostel in annascaul have a camp site

Kittykat

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 11:08:22 PM »
Sounds good- looking forward to this walk  :)

Callaharj

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 02:07:14 AM »
Hello,

Which exact weekend in May does this fall on? I'll be solo traveling Ireland in May and am curious if this might line up.

Ryan

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
2nd May to Monday 5th May, 40 registration fee

Kittykat

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 05:25:39 PM »
Where is meeting on the Friday night going on? :)

Diarmuid Fitzgerald

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »
Hi there,

I would be very interested in doing the Camino walk. The walk looks lovely and the website is really nice.

I have a number of questions to clarify some details.

1. What times do the walks start each day?
2. Who do we co-ordinate with?
3. Is there contact detail available like a mobile phone to liase with someone?
4. Is there a meeting point in Tralee - where and when is that?
5. In terms of transport do we organise or own transport to and from the accommodation?

I know these are a lot of questions but the answers would help to give a clear picture. Thanks for your efforts.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 09:49:02 AM »
 Info night and registration starts Friday evening- 8pm - at The Grand Hotel Tralee, and

the Walk starts on Saturday morning from 9am at St Johns church

there will be committee members walking with you we can give you our

last year we either drove them ourselves or got them a discounted taxi back to tralee for the first day (all Accomodation was taken by us in camp so alot of people stayed in Tralee a second night . we bused them back out the following morning (I carried 3 late people out in my car!) 

There was alot more accomodation in Annascaul the second night so I think alot of people stayed that night there.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »
Hi there
I am going to answer the  Questions below with respect to our annual May bank holiday organised walk we do one walk a year to raise funds to run the Kerry Camino Committee (printing hosting and advertising, all the personell are volunteers).

Hi there,

I would be very interested in doing the Camino walk. The walk looks lovely and the website is really nice.

I have a number of questions to clarify some details.

1. What times do the walks start each day?

Walks start at around 10 in the morning each day.

2. Who do we co-ordinate with?

you coordinate with members of the Kerry Camino Committee who do the walk with you. on the days of the walks phone numbers are given out  so you can get in contact with them if you need help.

3. Is there contact detail available like a mobile phone to liase with someone?

Yes you can also email us at info @ kerrycamino . com
4. Is there a meeting point in Tralee - where and when is that?

the meeting point on the First Day is St Johns Church in Tralee
5. In terms of transport do we organise or own transport to and from the accommodation?

normally people are staying locally near the start of the days hike so it is not needed but we collect and drop off people to their accomodation if alot of people need to be moved we will hire a bus you would be expected to pay towards the bus fare.

I know these are a lot of questions but the answers would help to give a clear picture. Thanks for your efforts.

anything