Author Topic: Hello  (Read 5271 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Hello
« on: April 23, 2013, 01:17:22 PM »
Hi there i will kick off this board by saying hello to you and hope you will come to kerry this year and walk the Kerry Camino. please feel free to use this forum  to ask questions.

kevinoconnor2000

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:12:44 AM »
Hey camino kerry....
Just wondering about the walk this wkd... really interested and wondrring about albergue/accomadation? How many numbers yea expecting? Age groups? Solo pilrims/walkers?
Thanks in advance
Camino kev

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:38:07 PM »
we had close to a hundred last year and it went from teens to about people in their 60s.

last year there was a bit of milling about and talking to other walkers at the start of the walk and alot more in the pub after the walk. So it was good. We are making sure to have a start time for each day so we will be all heading off together on each of the days. we will have St James Church Open at the end of the Walk in dingle on Monday so hopefully everyone will gather there.

Accomodation wise there is plenty along the route.

Maggie M

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:46 AM »
Looking forward to it. Must look at the forecast later. Reminder to everyone who is a novice like me- there is an outdoors deal in lidl right now including walking sticks and rucksacks

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 02:33:19 PM »
Same here  :)

kinnie99

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 02:56:10 PM »
Hi,
I'm just wondering is there a  certain date and time one has to start the trail at and is there hostels a long the route or is it just camping sites?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 04:31:25 PM »
Hi there

been away from the site for past week so sorry about the delay.

No special date to do the walk. its open all the time!

there are Bed and breakfasts in camp and inch there are hostels in Tralee, Annascaul and Dingle you can get budget accomodation on the route. Also as Tralee is close enough to camp some accomodation will do transfers to the trail between Tralee and Camp I cannot recommend a place as revenue might consider that advertising and we are a non profit.

I hope you decide to do the walk

anything